A fascinating cross-industry briefing from the head of the MoD’s Ideas Management Programme
Stuart Laws is the Defence Innovation Unit’s Portfolio Assistant Head at the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) where he leads their ambitious ideation programme and is responsible for innovation strategy and delivery of innovation priorities.
On 19th May he joined us by videoconference as the guest speaker at our 35th breakfast briefing, the second to be held virtually due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The MoD is an organisation of incredible scope and complexity, comprising some 250,000 military and civilian personnel across the MoD itself, its reservists, and thirty-plus external agencies and organisations. It is no small undertaking to corral innovation across this diverse population.
Learn how the MoD is tackling the global battle to capture ideas and create an open innovation culture
- How the MoD has implemented a world-class ideation platform for a fragmented, global community of 250,000 military and civil service personnel
- How it has created an extremely agile innovation environment that, every year, delivers 8-figure savings for this country
- How Defence reviews and prioritises submissions – empowering successful staff to implement their own ideas and receive the recognition they richly deserve
- How he uses ‘top brass’ champions to influence the adoption of new thinking and so inspire radical change
- How the MoD collaborates with external partners to drive innovation. For example, the Royal Navy and the energy industry are now working on the next generation of unmanned, underwater vehicles.
For your personal summary of their thought-provoking keynote speeches, please click here: