People drive innovation – not technology!
In our headlong pursuit of ‘clever tech’, have we lost the plot? Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Quantum Computing – we are obsessed with breakthrough technologies. But are we also blind to reality? Ultimately, there is one undeniable truth… inspired people drive change, not the fragile and sometimes flaky cutting-edge of technology.
‘The Human Dimension’ was the subject of our ‘Innovation Club’ meeting on the 17th October. This evening event concentrated on how to:
- Harvest and implement inspired ideas
- Create an innovation culture
- Determine the motivations, attitudes and behaviours essential to success
- Shift deeply entrenched suspicions and fears of change
- Foster a collaborative environment of shared experience and experimentation
- Improve the health and well-being of your people – your ‘innovation assets’
Our panel of expert speakers included:
- Peter Cheese – CEO of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Voted the UK’s most influential thinker in HR, Peter is a hugely experienced – often very radical – thought-leader and writer on the whole subject of human capital and organisation. As a consultant to industry and academia, he is in constant demand and we are privileged to have secured Peter as our principal speaker.
- Lorena Puica – Founder and CEO of iamYiam
Armed with 5 degrees, Lorena rose rapidly within the FS industry to handle portfolios worth over £200 billion. She also become a successful business author and extreme athlete before suffering severe health issues. This setback only hardened her resolve to help people take charge of their health and well-being. Prepare to be inspired.
- Simon Hill – Founder and CEO of Wazoku
Simon is an innovation leader, ideation expert, respected TEDx speaker and founder of Wazoku. This team transforms the way businesses put ideas into action. ‘Idea Spotlight’ is their unique tool for empowering companies – large and small, global and local – to capture and capitalise on the power of ideas.
- Rupert Morrison – CEO of Concentra Analytics
Rupert is an industry thought-leader, author of the definitive book on ‘Data-driven Organization Design’ and co-founder of Concentra Analytics – one of the fastest-growing analytics firms in the UK. Winner of the coveted ‘Gartner Cool Vendor in Human Capital Management’, Concentra has developed a unique organisation transformation platform that radically enhances how businesses operate.
- Richard Warmsley – Partner at Fluxx
Richard is a genuine expert in driving commercial growth from innovation, new service design and marketing. His Fluxx team works within all sectors to innovate at speed. They design with evidence, create propositions that people love and ensure clients can drive a model for repeatable innovation that transforms organisations.
To read the full report of these insights please click the button below.